Component Identification / Replacement

Reaction score
Hi all,
Looking for some assistance identifying the name of a component in my 2016 13" Touchbar MacBook Pro.

I was attempting to change the battery and accidentally removed the two components circled in the photo. I need to replace them, but I'm not sure what they're called or what they do. I assume they're battery isolators, but can't find that with a Google search. Could anyone help? Screenshot_20231207_104413_YouTube.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I would suggest you check on ifixit.com for that model to see what those are.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I need to replace them, but I'm not sure what they're called or what they do. I assume they're battery isolators, but can't find that with a Google search. Could anyone help?

That is sort of strange that you need to replace them yet you're not even sure what they're called or what they do. That doesn't make much sense, but if you follow Jake's advice, you probably discovered by now that they are your left and right channel speakers.

If you actually have to replace them, truck with I fix it for replacement parts while you are there they often have the option of new or used and maybe even various conditions.

Otherwise, check out the Google sources for replacements:

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
The two items encircled in blue are the MBP's speakers. Normally they are part of the top case assembly and are bonded to it. You will likely find for sale speakers that have been heated up by a hot air gun to separate them from the top case. Some I've seen have been damaged by this process.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 4 GB RAM SSD OSX 10.11 & 2006 MBP Stuck At 10.6.8
Apple now has self-service repair manuals for many models, even newer laptops. (and phones, desktops and displays)

Those manuals include exploded views with component identification. Start at: Self Service Repair - Apple Support

Paul

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.