• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Compiling DVD using Capty and iDVD

Reaction score
My wife made a dvd using iDVD from pictures she took using our digi cam. She has them going to the next picture likes she wants them and she added music. We burned it to a disc and its beautiful. She wanted me to take a movie she recorded on our Sony HDD camcorder and burn it using Capty. I did and it is beautiful as well. She now wants to combine the two. Is that possible? I'm not finding out how to do it (sorry I'm new to mac, HDD camcorders, Capty, video compilation and everything else). I can get file formats if anyone needs more info.

FWIW I can add the pictures that we used for the 1st dvd to the new compilation but it doesnt have the music nor does it transition from picture to picture like how it does on the 1st dvd.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.