Command line item into StartupItems

Reaction score
Hey! I've been trying to find a solution for this - so far without any success. I'm using Synergy to share my iMac mouse and keyboard with a Windows 7 machine. On the iMac (running Lion) I'm using synergy 1.3.6. The files used are synergyc (the client) and synergys (the server) and both live in /usr/sbin. I can start the server through the Terminal using: sudo /usr/sbin/synergys and connect the Windows to it. Everything works great.

Now, when I'm restarting the iMac I have to go back into the Terminal and start the synergy server by hand. Is there a way to have it start automatically when I log in?

Thanks in advance :)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many devices to list
launchd is your friend here. Take a look at this. You'll have to modify their example though since it executes the command every sixty seconds and you only want to do it once. You would have to remove the StartInterval section to accomplish that.

OP
dekan
Reaction score
That will work. Thanks a lot for that link! Exactly what I was looking for!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.