Collaberation

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac, macbook, iphone4S, ipad2
Hi All,

I basically want to be able to share some word documents with various people so that they can edit them and track changes. I have tried loads of online solutions but haven't found something that works. The ideal would be some kind of online folder that people could map as a network drive and then open the file from this network drive, edit it in track changes, and then save it so that the next person could edit it. Does this make sense? I also need this to work easily as I am sharing with people who are not totally techy!

Any ideas? Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Hi All,

I basically want to be able to share some word documents with various people so that they can edit them and track changes. I have tried loads of online solutions but haven't found something that works. The ideal would be some kind of online folder that people could map as a network drive and then open the file from this network drive, edit it in track changes, and then save it so that the next person could edit it. Does this make sense? I also need this to work easily as I am sharing with people who are not totally techy!

Any ideas? Help!

You need Sharepoint

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi All,

Any ideas? Help!

Have you tried Google Docs? I've found it to be quite useful for this sort of thing (although Sharepoint is a great suggestion as well).

OP
idsamdg
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac, macbook, iphone4S, ipad2
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all of your suggestions. The Dropbox ones works great! It does exactly what I need - and for free.

Thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.