• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

cochlear streaming

Reaction score
I have a cochlear implant and use a streaming device that is paired with my implant via bluetooth on my old tv it had connection to the tv via white and a red connectors and a 3.5 jack into the streaming device, my new tv has a audio connection with a 3.5 jack so I bought a cable to suite but I cannot get it to work, on the old tv as soon as the tv was switched on the device lit up and was ready for use this does not happen with the new tv. Any help would be gratefully received.
the tv is a Panasonic tx-40jx870

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Shot in the dark here but does changing the audio output settings on your TV make any difference? Make sure you have the device powered on (if necessary). That may not work depending upon how the TV handles audio and whether it allows splitting the audio from the rest of the HdMI signal,

Something like this device may help but I haven't tried it personally. Amazon.com

OP
R
Reaction score
thanks slydude will look at the audio out settings, when my device was connected to my old sony tv there was no problem and the audio for people listening to the tv were not affected when I altered the sound ouput.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Keep me posted on this one. I know a few people who use implants, and you can't be the only one facing this issue. BTW can you provide some info on the device you are using? If I can find any additional information that might be helpful, I'll pass it on to yiu.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I haven't found much helpful information, but I assume you have tried adjusting the settings on the new TV to match the settings on your old set? I was able to find contact information for Panasonic, so perhaps they can help.

Meanwhile, I'll keep looking.

OP
R
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in replying have been in touch with Panasonic and they were as much help as a chocolate fireguard. I have now got the matter sorted, I had the streamer connected via the video/audio socket and was informed that I should connect via the headphone socket. I did this after a bit of searching for the headphone socket not hidden but not in plain view, now streaming ok.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry for the delay in replying have been in touch with Panasonic and they were as much help as a chocolate fireguard. I have now got the matter sorted, I had the streamer connected via the video/audio socket and was informed that I should connect via the headphone socket. I did this after a bit of searching for the headphone socket not hidden but not in plain view, now streaming ok.
:) Sadly, that's a common problem these days. Glad you got things sorted out.

After I read the specs on that device, I should have thought to ask you to check that. I misread the initial post and thought that's how it was connected.

OP
R
Reaction score
Not to worry slydude you were very helpful and stuck with me in trying to solve the problem.
thanks

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You're welcome. I'm not sure I was much help, but I Iearned a thing or two myself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.