CNN vs MS Zune... Hilarious LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
If you read the comments, their quite negative against ipods. Wonder why ?

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Didn't really bother reading the comments. but honestly after the Videos I feel some pity towards Zune Owners. Sorry to all of u :(

Reaction score
Hmmmm, so Apple is the "new Microsoft of music....." Boy this is getting confusing.........:D :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
LOL, that was funny.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think it was hilarious, especially with all the Hipe that Microsoft put behind the Zune.

Oh well

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
it's not really that bad, the music store isnt that great and there isn't support for mac, but that was about the only things I didn't like about my Zune.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just don't like the fact that if u have a whole library of MP3s pre Zune u r pretty much screwed!

Your only alternative is to probably burn them to a CD then rip them again to ur computer so that the ZUNE will accept them, thats crap!

The only thing that would make me think about a Zune is only the Bigger Screen. But Even then I still went with mighty 80GB iPod Video and its just awesome :D

Reaction score
lol, how dare those CNN anchors ask all those inconvenient questions about what the Zune's wifi can't do (email? nope. Network drive of songs? nope)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac aluminium. 500GB, 4GB, 2Ghz and whatever else is in there...
I'm sorry, but I don't buy into the whole 'downloaded MP3's won't work on this player or that player'. When you download music from a store, I think you should come to terms with the fact it's DRM-ed up to the eyeballs, and aint gonna work on much. After all, if I donload music from the Zune store, it aint gonna work on an iPod. Does that make the iPod a bad player?

What people should be doing is putting preasure on the record labels to free us from our DRM nightmare.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well ur statement about the Record Labels and DRM free music download is Great, and by the way EMI and Apple are doing that through iTunes for an extra 30 cents.

But at least with iPods if you have MP3's that have been sitting on ur HDD from 5 yrs ago u can still use them on ur Brand Spankin new iPod. BUT with the Zune its just going to be trashed and u have to go buy them again which is simply ridiculously INSANE.

Reaction score
"Look how cute this is!" Haha. That lady was a little dumb, but she had a good point.

I love the "It's the new invisible" comment. Haha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
That Zune looks like something you control your central heating with. Is it made of Bakelite?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Well ur statement about the Record Labels and DRM free music download is Great, and by the way EMI and Apple are doing that through iTunes for an extra 30 cents.

But at least with iPods if you have MP3's that have been sitting on ur HDD from 5 yrs ago u can still use them on ur Brand Spankin new iPod. BUT with the Zune its just going to be trashed and u have to go buy them again which is simply ridiculously INSANE.

You can import existing, non-protected MP3s into a Zune. What are you basing that comment on?

I own several iPods and have no reason to buy a Zune. I have used one and found it to be a very functional MP3 player. Maybe it's not as user friendly, but it does the job. It's getting annoying to see all of this illogical hatred toward the Zune.

Competition drives down prices and fosters innovation. The Zune is perhaps one of the best thing to happen to the iPod in some time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Competition drives down prices and fosters innovation. The Zune is perhaps one of the best thing to happen to the iPod in some time.

QFT

Who cares if the product isn't good. It's seen as a competing product, and thus, Apple will improve its products to keep its edge. Any sort of new product, especially by a company as large as Microsoft, is good for innovation.

If you love your iPod, you should love the fact that the Zune exists because it means better iPods :D

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can import existing, non-protected MP3s into a Zune. What are you basing that comment on?

I own several iPods and have no reason to buy a Zune. I have used one and found it to be a very functional MP3 player. Maybe it's not as user friendly, but it does the job. It's getting annoying to see all of this illogical hatred toward the Zune.

Umm.. no illogical hatred here, first and foremost I mentioned previously that the Zune has the bigger screen going for it other than that from a lot of reviews, whether professional ones or user reviews on youTube and other blogs are the ones that said about MP3's not being loaded to the Zune if they weren't purchased through their Store. Plus I also read that it supports less file formats.

And yes competition does drive the prices down and gives a good boost in innovation for the Apple's iPod no argument there.

Cheers

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Umm.. no illogical hatred here, first and foremost I mentioned previously that the Zune has the bigger screen going for it other than that from a lot of reviews, whether professional ones or user reviews on youTube and other blogs are the ones that said about MP3's not being loaded to the Zune if they weren't purchased through their Store. Plus I also read that it supports less file formats.

And yes competition does drive the prices down and gives a good boost in innovation for the Apple's iPod no argument there.

Cheers

Sorry - that comment wasn't pointed specifically at you. There just seems to be this irrational hatred, particularly amongst Apple enthusiasts. It really isn't that bad of a device. Like I said, I certainly wouldn't trade an iPod for one, but it's a worthy competitor that brings some new tricks to the fold.

I think the reviews are probably from folks who have existing DRM-protected WMA (plays for sure) and iTunes content, that don't realize that the Zune Marketplace protected content is not the same thing. Plain old MP3s can be imported and play just fine - as can ripped CDs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
QFT

Who cares if the product isn't good. It's seen as a competing product, and thus, Apple will improve its products to keep its edge. Any sort of new product, especially by a company as large as Microsoft, is good for innovation.

If you love your iPod, you should love the fact that the Zune exists because it means better iPods :D

Microsoft needed to introduce the Zune about 4 or 5 years ago. It's too late to come in unless you can support all the DRMed files.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Like the saying goes: Too little, too late

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac aluminium. 500GB, 4GB, 2Ghz and whatever else is in there...
I love how Kash comes in any time anyone has made a valid point, just to re-itterate and round it off. Nice work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.