Click-and-hold stopped working???

Reaction score
Up until today I was able to click and hold to open menus for whatever i was clicking on (be it files in finder or links)....then i installed firefox 2 and it all went away. Has this happened to anybody else? Any way to get it back? And i mean specifically click and hold, right now im doing 2-finger trackpad click and I dont like it at all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD
I've never been able to hold and click files in finder to bring up a contextual menu.

Reaction score
That was what I could do back in Mac OS 9 (at our school) but not ever since I've owned an iMac G5.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
That's not a feature of OS X, it shouldn't have been doing that in the first place. I can do it in OmniWeb, but only because it's a feature of OmniWeb.

Reaction score
Firefox removed it as the default. Go to the URL strip, type in about:config and paste this in the filter strip:

ui.click_hold_context_menus

When the line appears under the filter strip, click it once to define it, then twice to switch "false" to "true." There's nothing to save or save as. I don't know whether the browser has to be restarted, though.

If you have a user.js file in the profile, you could add it there instead to going into about:config.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh God, where to start... Let' just say I have a showroom ;)
firefox removed it as the default. Go to the url strip, type in about:config and paste this in the filter strip:

Ui.click_hold_context_menus

when the line appears under the filter strip, click it once to define it, then twice to switch "false" to "true." there's nothing to save or save as. I don't know whether the browser has to be restarted, though.

If you have a user.js file in the profile, you could add it there instead to going into about:config.

you...

ARE...

MY...

HERO!!1
:D :D :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.