Clear history only in Safari?

Reaction score
Is there any way to delete history in Safari without deleting the data portion? Every time I need to do this, I loose my logon to Facebook and a few others.I am using an iMac with 10.10 (Yosemite) and Safari 8.0.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It appears that with the new version of Safari, if you manually clear History, it also clears all web site data. Not good. :( The best I can suggest is to set the Safari automatic History clearing to one day from Safari Preferences. That does not clear the web site data.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
This is my choice so one does not have to go and enter name and password details to each and every site.

Reaction score
Well, there is a workaround. You can open the item "history" from the menu bar and choose "Show history" (it is the second topmost item in that menu... I guess that would be the translation; bear with me, my system is running in German), alternatively press option + cmd + 2. Both should open a list of sites visited, in which you can select individual or all entries and then delete them. This should not affect website data such as cookies etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.