Cleaning my MBP

Reaction score
Having a few issues with my early 2013 15" Retina MBP and having tried all sorts of things have decided to make a clean sweep and backup all my wanted files and the format the HD and reinstall a new version of the OS, High Sierra.

I have backed up all my photographs, the most important thing for me, now I need to backup my emails and documents folder.

Emails (Yahoo). As these appear on my iPhone as well as the MBP, are they already "backed up" in iCloud, ie I could put them back onto the formatted HD from there?

How about Documents, I can't find any instructions as to how to get them back once I have re installed Word for Mac from my original CD.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Did the info from member IWT in the your other thread take care of this?

- Nick

OP
C
Reaction score
Sure did! I have now completed the format/reinstall OS and got all my "stuff" back on the MBP!
Well pleased and again only thanks to this great forum!!

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Brilliant. Two successes in one day! Well done.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.