Clean up and resync Mail, Contacts, Notes

Reaction score
On one of my Macs some of the built in apps folders (mail, contacts, notes) is many times larger than on my other Macs.
I want to rebuild the folders.

My plan was to uncheck the syncing of these items under Internet accounts and then delete the following folders:
Library/Application Support/AddressBook
Library/Application Support/Mail/V7
Library/Group Containers/group.com.apple.notes

Then recheck the the syncing of these items.

Will this work or will it mess thing up? Is there a better way?

Also, I really don't want to have to go through and reconfigure all of the settings for these apps.
Are all the mail settings and customizations located in other folders (including signatures, mail rules, etc)
Contact groups

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Maybe you should provide more specific information?

How many Macs?
What macOS version or versions?

Syncing between devices should keep everything the same across all logged in devices, so there must be a Preference that has changed?

OP
J
Reaction score
OS is High Catilina
3 Macs
Those folders on one Mac are 3x bigger than the same folders on other Macs, that is why I want to clear and resync

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Confirm High Sierra or Catalina?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.