Charging

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0GHZ coreduo 1G RAM
I'm about to send my macbook in for repairs so I won't be able to sync my 80 gig for a while but does this mean I won't be able to charge it all either? I have an old dell with USB. will my iPod charge on that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
if it has a usb port, I'm pretty sure it can charge your ipod. what happened to the wall charger?

OP
TigerTooth
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
if it has a usb port, I'm pretty sure it can charge your ipod. what happened to the wall charger?

it didn't come with one...and I can't really buy one at the moment

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Newer iPods don't have wallchargers. They stopped including those after the 3rd gens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I'm about to send my macbook in for repairs so I won't be able to sync my 80 gig for a while but does this mean I won't be able to charge it all either? I have an old dell with USB. will my iPod charge on that?

you should be able to charge your ipod on your old dell without any issues. if you get any pop up windows asking if you want to restore it obviously click no.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8

Yeah, my crappy old HP notebook has USB 1.1, it charges a 5th gen Ipod fine.

Like someone said, just don't try to synch it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
Newer iPods don't have wallchargers. They stopped including those after the 3rd gens.

They included them up to 4th Gens because my 30Gig Ipod Photo came with one.

OP
TigerTooth
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alright well my macbook is off being repaired and I plugged my iPod into my mom's dell. it is asking if I want to format it...will this ruin the formating for mac?
as of now, I've been charging it but the display on the iPod is the do not disconnect, like it's waiting to sync. can I get past this without syncing to the old *** dell? the screen on the iPod makes me uneasy, I mean the lightning bolt is in the small battery, but the load icon in the top left just never stops. I thought it was just suppose to show a huge battery for charging... any help would rock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
alright well my macbook is off being repaired and I plugged my iPod into my mom's dell. it is asking if I want to format it...will this ruin the formating for mac?
as of now, I've been charging it but the display on the iPod is the do not disconnect, like it's waiting to sync. can I get past this without syncing to the old *** dell? the screen on the iPod makes me uneasy, I mean the lightning bolt is in the small battery, but the load icon in the top left just never stops. I thought it was just suppose to show a huge battery for charging... any help would rock.

No, don't format it, it will erase everything on your iPod. Just click no. It says do not disconnect because it can not sync to the Dell and doesn't know what to do. You can eject just like any other USB device from a Windows machine. Event though it says this it IS charging.

OP
TigerTooth
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks again baggss!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.