Charging/Resetting Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 15" 1.5 GHZ. 2GB RAM 80GB HDD
Please HELP !! I am totally new to the Macworld and have a problem I cannot diagnose. This is a 15" 1.5 GHZ, 2 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD. I purchased and installed OS X Leopard yesterday doing a full erase and install. It ran perfectly all day yesterday and I really don't think this is the cause of any problems. I just thought I would mention it.
Today I noticed that although the adapter seems to be charging(glowing solid orange), that the meter does not show that it is charging. It is stuck at 56%.I then thought I would unplug the adapter from the laptop and power down and restart. When I pulled the plug out my computer went black. NO Battery power. It would not start by battery power. I then plugged it back in and it started up. When it booted it said my date and times were off because they were set before March 2001 or something like that. It now does this anytime I touch the plug. If I pull it out or turn in while plugged in it happens. If I leave it alone the laptop works fine but the battery is still stuck at 56% and does not go up or down even though the light on the adapter remains orange.

Someone please help a total noob. I have had PC's for over 12 years and have never had a problem like this. I hope this isn't a sign of thing to come, because I really love this laptop.

Thanks in advance !!

Jim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.