changing screenshots from .png. to .jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi
I was wondering how to change my screenshots, (that have been downloaded onto my iphoto from my iphone) from .png to .jpg (both photos on iphoto currently and future screenshots). I have a Mac OX 10.6.8
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I don't know if they can be "converted" in place, but you can sure create a jpg from a png by using the Export option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Open the images in Preview (which may or may not be the default application), click Save As, and you should see in the dialogue window the Format option with which you can change .png to .jpg.

Reaction score
(that have been downloaded onto my iphoto from my iphone) from .png to .jpg ....and future screenshots).
You want to change it on the phone? Don't know if you can do that.
Then again, I don't have an iPhone.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thank you.
I'm in iphoto and trying to change the screen shots that were downloaded on my iphone in .png to .jpg
I tried use "save as" in preview to change the format but it's greyed out.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I tried use "save as" in preview to change the format but it's greyed out.

Try holding down your "option" key when you select "Save As".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
I have used Sharpshooter for years for screenshots and location for file save and file type all of which can be set in prefs.
In most Apple applications, as cradom mentions above, will cater for after the event format change in file types. Of course what has been changed in El Crapitan is out of my area of knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.