Changing Playcount Behavior

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows how to change the play count behavior? For example, before the count will increment you have to listen to the entire song. I was wondering if there is a way to say have it increment after listening to the first 30 seconds or 1 minute. I find there are some songs I listen to about half of the song then change it, but, of course it won't show that I listened to it.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I know it's not really a fix but when you get bored with the song, just move the slder to 1 second left and play that one second. Then when the song shanges to the next one, it'll have it count as being played.

And 1/2 the time you can just bring the slider right to the end and it'll automatically go to the next one. But that doesn't always work on my intel. But the above method always works.

I know that your actually after though, and I'm not sure about that though.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I've been doing .. The challenge is when I have my iPod on and it's in my pocket or something.. It seems silly, but, most of the times I don't listen to a song 100% of the way through so my playlist count is a little off. Perhaps this is something I can write to the iTunes team to see if they include it in a future release as an option .. Ya never know :D

Thx again ..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod 8GB Nano
You could write a note to the iPod team, or just take a Ridalin. Your attention span seems a bit short...maybe listen to shorter songs? ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.