Change Apple log in details

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017).Processor 1.8GHz intel core i5.Memory 8gb 16000MHZDDR3.Graphics intel HD
Good day to all.
When I had this apple MacBook I made a big mistake I used an email to login.Is it possible to change this login details And save all the info that is in the apple cloud system ??.Looking back it was a silly mistake as it was all new to me.
Many thanks.

David

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
The email address you used to create an iCloud/Apple ID is now your official login. You may be able to use an alias?

I just found this,

You may also want to read this one,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Good day to all.
When I had this apple MacBook I made a big mistake I used an email to login.Is it possible to change this login details And save all the info that is in the apple cloud system ??.Looking back it was a silly mistake as it was all new to me.
Many thanks.

David
David, your post is slightly confusing to me. Can you clarify exactly what you are logging into? You say it's a MacBook, in which case you might be talking about your account ON the machine, then talk about the Apple cloud system, which is something else. So, what is the account? Your account on the Mac, an iCloud account, or something else?

OP
Tomos
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017).Processor 1.8GHz intel core i5.Memory 8gb 16000MHZDDR3.Graphics intel HD
Thanks once again.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Why do you think using an email address as your Apple ID was a mistake?
You don't really have much choice. You need a verifiable email address to complete the process of creating an Apple ID.
If you no longer have access to that email address you used it's easy enough to change it. (See previous posts)
I set my Apple ID up with the one email address I had at the time, later changed it to a Gmail account that is my personal email and has been for 20+ years.

Last edited:
OP
Tomos
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay thanks for your help. It was just a thought.
many thanks to all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.