CD in drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook Intel 2GHZ CD, 2GB RAM
I have a G4 iBook with a slot-loading drive and was wandering if anything would happen if I left a CD in the drivew while I put it in my case and carrry it around school. I have never done this but was just wondering what would happen if I were to do this.

Thanks in advance

Nick

J

jazztorb

you're not supposed to leave a cd in your stereo whenever you move it around, so its probably the same with the ibook....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Unlike a stereo in which you place the cd on a tray and gravity keeps it in place, the slot drive actually grabs and secures the cd in place. I am sure it's probably not a good idea to leave it in the drive all the time, however there should be no problem toting your ibook around the house with a cd inside. I carry mine in a backpack to the coffee shop and to worlk with a cd in it all the time, and never had a problem. Laptops are made to be portable, having it become unable to be moved when a cd is inside would kinda defeat the whole purpose of it being a laptop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.