cd drive not working- take it to apple store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.4GhZ 4 GB RAM
my cd/dvd drive is no longer accepting cds or dvds its not sucking them in and im scared to force it...
should i go to the apple store??
i just got my mac like a couple of weeks ago and i got the 3 year warranty so they won't charge me right??:(

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.4GhZ 4 GB RAM
oh i also tried ejecting to see if there was something in there already but it didnt work...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
my cd/dvd drive is no longer accepting cds or dvds its not sucking them in and im scared to force it... should i go to the apple store??
i just got my mac like a couple of weeks ago and i got the 3 year warranty so they won't charge me right??:(

First, try restarting your Mac with the mouse (or equivalent) L-button held down to Force-Eject. If there's nothing in the drive, nothing will happen.

Yes, take your Mac back to where you bought it, and let the techs fix it. You should not be charged anything for repair.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
L is for left. If you are using a single button mouse just hold down as you reboot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
L is for left. If you are using a single button mouse just hold down as you reboot.

I think he's using the trackpad on his Macbook Harry, but don't they have a couple of buttons directly above or below the pad for the "equivalent" of the L & R mouse buttons? I've never used a Mac laptop trackpad to be honest, preferring to hook a mouse in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.