cd copying software options?

Reaction score
Hey guys, friend of mine of mine is looking around for a good cd copying software for his Macbook pro, I searched the net and came across this:

Best Mac CD Burning Software Review 2014

Since he only needs to burn a few cd's and not for regular use, is there a free easy to use one you guys can recommend please? If not, which of those in the link would you recommend for a one time project please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hey guys, friend of mine of mine is looking around for a good cd copying software for his Macbook pro, I searched the net and came across this:

Best Mac CD Burning Software Review 2014

Since he only needs to burn a few cd's and not for regular use, is there a free easy to use one you guys can recommend please? If not, which of those in the link would you recommend for a one time project please?

Please provide information on your friend's MBPro (year; OS X installed; optical burner used) and also his purposes, i.e. music and/or other reasons? OS X has built-in CD burning features, e.g. in Finder, files can be selected (including music) and a right-click will bring up a dialog box w/ a choice to 'burn to disc'; and in iTunes a 'playlist' can also be burned - these options may be enough since his needs appear to be infrequent. Dave :)

Last edited:
OP
M
Reaction score
Ok, he's at work right now, will ask and get back to you this evening, thanks.

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes, he did not know how to use the OSX burning options, I had thought he wanted a standalone software to get better and more options, thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Yes, he did not know how to use the OSX burning options, I had thought he wanted a standalone software to get better and more options, thanks for the help!

No problem - I burn an occasional CD-R of MP3 purchases and simply import the downloaded music into iTunes, create a playlist, and then burn the latter to the disc.

If your friend needs more options, then there are some free ones, but I've not used any on that list to make a suggestion; and of course, your link provided some paid apps - I use to used Roxio on my PCs before switching to Apple - it's the top rated one and the most costly, but often the program recommended by others. Dave :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the free software links, will forward to him, Happy Holidays!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
+1 Roxio's Toast

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.