Catalina third party software downloads are very slow

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 2017
Recently updated my iMacPro to Catalina. When I do downloads of third party apps or audio plugins the download speeds are very vert slow.

On Speedtest my download results are 725 Mbps down, 55.9 up. Any idea what I might be doing wrong or missing? TIA

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
From what sites? Are downloads slow across the board? Your download speed is entirely dependent on the sites you are hitting and the time you hit it and so on.

OP
yuanyasmine
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 2017
From what sites? Are downloads slow across the board? Your download speed is entirely dependent on the sites you are hitting and the time you hit it and so on.

Downloading third party software from the websites. Everything else if fine but the download speed (how long it takes to complete the download to the folder) is slow

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Downloading third party software from the websites. Everything else if fine but the download speed (how long it takes to complete the download to the folder) is slow

That's almost certainly a server problem. Downloading software from any site, even Apple, can take a long time depending on how many others are doing the same thing as you. Or, the servers may undergoing maintenance with limited output capacity.

Not much you can do about that.

Glad to hear that everything else is fine.

Ian

OP
yuanyasmine
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 2017

Sorry for the late reply. From all sites. I’m pretty familiar with how networking works thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.