Catalina & some apps

Reaction score
I just recently updated to Catalina OS. It appears as though Garage Band, iMovie, and iWeb are no longer usable. Is there a way to delete these apps?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
More than likely all you need to do is drag them to the trash (and then empty the trash can). Or you can look up each app individually with the search term "Uninstall Garage Band"..."Uninstall iMovie"..."Uninstall iWeb".

Remember...if you trash these apps (and you've used them in the past or may want to use them in the future)...newer versions may not be available.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Open Launchpad app. Click and hold on the app until it starts to jiggle. Then click on the x when it appears.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I just recently updated to Catalina OS. It appears as though Garage Band, iMovie, and iWeb are no longer usable. Is there a way to delete these apps?

There are newer versions of garageband and iMovie that will work with Catalina. You should download updates from the Mac App Store for those if you need them. (They both were updated by Apple this year.) However, iWeb has long ago been discontinued by Apple and is no longer available.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have 4 Macs, most recent 2020, 13.3 MacBook Air running on osMac 10.15.3
There are newer versions of garageband and iMovie that will work with Catalina. You should download updates from the Mac App Store for those if you need them. (They both were updated by Apple this year.) However, iWeb has long ago been discontinued by Apple and is no longer available.

As a Catalina user now on osMac 10.15.4, I can assure you that Garageband & iMovie are in the Applications folder. I believe they have been updated since osMac 10.15. Thank God iWeb is dead and gone.

I've been using Macs since 1992, my first Mac was an LC III with 2 MB Ram and 160 MB Hard Drive running on System 7.6

Yet it supported a fully functional word processor, now sadly gone - Appleworks O:)

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.