cant verify disc!

Reaction score
hello ...

i am having problems verifying my disc...
how can i fix it??? please see attached image to see the error i get

Thanks for you time in looking at this!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-10-17 at 10.10.32 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-10-17 at 10.10.32 PM.png
    93 KB · Views: 25
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Boot into your OSX disk and use disk utility in there, then click the repair disk option and hopefully it will be sorted, report back the outcome though :)

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
You need to boot up off of another disk. If you're running an OS prior to Lion, boot up off the restore DVD's that came with it and run disk utility there. If you're running Lion use the recovery partition (hold down cmd-r at boot) and run disk utility from there. You can't make any changes to a mounted disk.

OP
C
Reaction score
Hi :D

thank you both for your answers... i am running OSX ..i have the Mac OS X install DVD right here... however..i have no idea how to boot from cd..

can someone explain to me in stupid simple what to do?

Thanks again for your time..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Put it in, hit restart and immediately after the chime hold down 'C;' until the gear wheel starts. Select language, and then go into Utilities in the Menu Bar, select Disk Utility and run Repair Disk from there.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thank you so much...everything worked great! Thank you everybody for your help and support!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.