Can't type in Web Address in iOS 8.02

Reaction score
When I start to type in web address on IPhone 5-0 OS 8.0.2 throws me back to home screen. Did not have this problem before I installed 8.0.2
Any fixes ??? Thanks

M

MacInWin

Wrong forum. He's asking about IOS 8. I have a 5s with 8.0.2 not having a problem here.

Reaction score
Wrong forum. He's asking about IOS 8. I have a 5s with 8.0.2 not having a problem here.

I figured he was talking IOS 8. I was asking if he was using safari because lets say for instance he is using Chrome and Chrome needs to update that could cause a problem like that. Or if he is using Chrome sometimes just deleting the app then re installing it will fix the problem. I just had that happen to me with FB app.

M

MacInWin

I just wanted a MOD to move this to the proper forum so that it gets better exposure to folks who might have an answer for him. I"ve had a couple of apps crash out on IOS 8, mostly because they haven't been updated yet. All of the Apple apps are working fine, including Safari.

Reaction score
I just wanted a MOD to move this to the proper forum so that it gets better exposure to folks who might have an answer for him. I"ve had a couple of apps crash out on IOS 8, mostly because they haven't been updated yet. All of the Apple apps are working fine, including Safari.

Sounds like we were on the same page then! :Blushing:

OP
T
Reaction score
Yes using Safari- I just updated to OS 8.0.2 now when I try to type in a web address it throws me back to home screen..

M

MacInWin

Wrong forum again, now starting a new thread. MOD, please get this one back to his original post and put them in the right forum for iPhones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And Moderators do not like multiple threads!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@tleg1234

Please observe our forum descriptions before posting a new thread. You not only posted to the wrong forum, you posted twice to the wrong forum. Your threads have been merged together here where they belong.

Reaction score
Sick'em boys. :)

This didn't help anything but i thought it was funny.

Do a hard restart. If no dice restore phone. something went screwy on the update. Well before you do a restore make sure you really have 8.0.2 on there and not 8.0.1.... Long shot but who knows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.