Can't Synch Notes Using Yosemite

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 Inch - 3.1 GHz I7 Quad Core - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD, iPod Nano, iPad Air - 16GB Wifi Only
A couple of days ago I downloaded/installed Yosemite and I am (as expected) encountering a few small issues.
When I synch my iPhone 6 to my iMac none of the "Notes" on my iMac are synched to my iPhone. I don't use the Apple default e-mail - I use gmail. Can "Notes" be synched if you use gmail? There's probably something I need to click on to make this work. Can anyone offer a suggestion? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
As far as I know, the notes.app does not use the mail app to sync between your iMac and your phone.
Syncing is done through iCloud.
Do you have an iCloud account defined in System Preferences/Internet Accounts and have you checked "Notes " go be synchronised ( in the right hand pane )

Cheers ... McBie

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 Inch - 3.1 GHz I7 Quad Core - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD, iPod Nano, iPad Air - 16GB Wifi Only
Thanks McBie,
I am not "tech savy". I did go into System Preferences, then Internet Accounts and my iCloud account is in the list on the left - on the right of that screen "Notes" is checked. I am missing something because when I synch none of the thirty or so notes on my iMac goes to my iPhone 6.
Bill

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your notes should sync if you're signed in to iCloud on both your Mac and iPhone 6 and of course have WiFi access. Check System Preferences, iCloud. Make sure the "notes" box is checked. You stated above that you went into System Preferences, Internet Accounts, and checked the "notes" box for Gmail, but you also need to do it for iCloud drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.