Can't retrieve email

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 iMac10,1 High Sierra 10.13.6, Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.06 GHz, 12GB RAM, 500GB Storage
Today out of the blue my iPhone 4S will not retrieve my email (MSN). I restarted the phone, I checked the user ID and password. Both were okay. I turned off wi-fi, I changed "fetch" settings and all that is happening is the phone is 'searching' but never connects or finds or downloads email. I changed my password and can retrieve emails on my MAC just not on my phone. I search in the mail app and can see sent emails but no new mail. I am now running the latest software, 8.1.3. Help, Thanks,

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Need some info.... Which protocol are you using to get your mail from MSN; POP or IMAP? And do you have iCloud setup on your iPhone and Mac?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 iMac10,1 High Sierra 10.13.6, Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.06 GHz, 12GB RAM, 500GB Storage
I deleted the account and re-created it and it works fine now. Thanks for your interest.

M

MacInWin

This thread is in the wrong forum, should be moved to the iPhone forum for others to see when they have similar problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.