Cant reinstall lion recovery HD locked

Reaction score
HI
I have a 13in early 2011 mac book pro. I turned on my MAC and it gave me mac os x utilities screen. i tried to reinstall Lion but it says the HD recovery is locked. I removed the hard drive and made it external with no luck. The drive is only recognized in disk utility when i verify and repair it says everything is ok but I am unable to access any of my data. Any solutions without me formatting the hard drive.
Any help would be appreciated.

C

chas_m

HI

I have a 13in early 2011 mac book pro. I turned on my MAC and it gave me mac os x utilities screen. i tried to reinstall Lion but it says the HD recovery is locked.

I think what you're saying is "my MacBook Pro booted into the recovery partition. I tried to reinstall Lion, but attempted to reinstall it from the same partition I was booted from, the Recovery partition, so that didn't work of course."

Now that you've put the drive in an external case, get a new HD for your MacBookPro, install Mavericks or whatever using Internet Recovery, then use Migration Assistant to pull everything from your old drive over.

If it can't read the old boot drive, just plug in your backup drive and pull from that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac A1224 2009 2.66 GHz 320 GB
Same locked problem

I just now tried to use Recovery HD in Mavericks and it said Recovery is locked.
I went to Apple and they have removed the Mavericks download. What's going on?!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.