Can't open documents on OFFICE for Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Please Help! All of a sudden I can't open any of my saved docs on Office for Mac, word, excel. I get a message saying I can't open because of invalid characters? Microsoft won't help unless I pay the $. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I think you might have a corrupt font. What OS version do you have?

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. OS version 10.9.4. Next to start up disc it has this []\ I think this is part of my problem but don't know what to do about it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I'm not sure how to go about fixing a corrupt font, if that's the problem. If you want to chase that rabbit, use a search, either here or on the web. I was hoping that by getting you to define your OS, someone else would be able to help. I still use 10.6.8

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. OS version 10.9.4. Next to start up disc it has this []\ I think this is part of my problem but don't know what to do about it!

From the finder menu, choose Go > Computer. In the displayed window, select your hard drive name. Then press the enter/return key - which should select the text of the drive name ready for changing. Change the name to something straightforward - usually it is "Macintosh HD".

See if that helps your problems any.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm going to close this thread because we have double post by the OP. Please refer to his other posts in this thread where it was discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.