cant move .mov files from iphone to USB stick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A1286 MBP5,3 running 10.9.5, iphone6, Mac mini1,1 A1176 120/2gb
I have a mac mini1,1 running 10.6.8 I have an iphone 4 running 6.1.3.
Using image capture. I can import photos from the phone to a USB stick.
Some, but not many, .MOV files can be moved as well. No pattern that I am aware of as to why not.

1.) How can I get the .MOV files to a USB stick

2.) The Delete option is never in focus for use even after a photo selection.
Any reasons why? It would be REALLY nice to be able to delete images/movies w/o having to return to the phone to do it. Note:if the Delete after import box is checked Image capture does delete them from the phone.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.5 Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Ankhseeker, are you attempting to do this as a one step process or do you import them to the Macintosh HD first?
I would have imported them to my HD using Image Capture first, used Preview or Quick View to edit/erase then moved the remaining to the USB stick. I probably would have had two folders on the USB stick, one for stills and the other for .MOV files.
Lastly, I have to ask. Why are you still using OS 10.6.8 and iOS 6? Not being critical just curious. Snow Leopard was a great OS but with no support for security updates it is very vulnerable online, especially these days. Yosemite as far as I know will run on MacMini 2009 onwards and iOS 7 is much better than iOS 6.
I too have an iPhone 4 which is running iOS 7 and Yosemite v10.10.2 on my 2012 MacBook Pro. I have no problems with this other than the Hand Off feature does not work between the phone and laptop.
I would advise bypassing Mavericks all together except for some application incompatibility it is an all round better OSX.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A1286 MBP5,3 running 10.9.5, iphone6, Mac mini1,1 A1176 120/2gb
Hi Rod, I am an aquarius that dislikes change. I have been very happy with my old mac mini, and also have a mbp running mavericks. I love it. I can't say the same about the newer os's though. My wife has an iphone 5 and I dislike most things about it. She runs ios7. It is also harder to see the screen because I am a victim of lasik and contrast issues showed up year later. I suppose that when I am forced to upgrade, I will just get another mac and learn it, but for now.....
Yosemite doesn't excite me at all.
Thanks for the advice.. I will try moving them to the mini first.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.