Can't install mac os x 10.1.1

Reaction score
Hi,
I am currently trying to upgrade a iBook G3, and would also like to update the OS.
I downloaded all updates to 10.1.5 from the apple website as that computer doesn't have an internet access.
The problem is that when I launch the 10.1.1 update file, everything is okay until the installer asks me to select destination, and then my hard drive comes up but I cannot select it.
Please help me...

Thanks,
Max

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You are trying to get os x for free

You cannot run an update on a system with no version of 10.1 to update

Go on ebay and look for Panther or Tiger retail disks, you can pick them up quite cheap, just make sure that are retail copies

OP
M
Reaction score
No, I actually have the proper mac os x 10.1 disk, I got it with the computer, and i am trying to update the software to 10.1.5 and I have to install 10.1.1,10.1.2 and so on...
The install seems to work okay until the moment where I'm asked to select a location: all drives seem to be grey and not selectable and I can't continue.
The mac os x disc I have got is genuine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
The install seems to work okay until the moment where I'm asked to select a location: all drives seem to be grey and not selectable and I can't continue. The mac os x disc I have got is genuine.

What capacity remains on that hard drive?

OP
M
Reaction score
True,
could be memory as the computer only has something la 11 or 12 gb of space remaining....
So should I also update the HD ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.