Can't get my printer working

L

linda wilson

Hi all, i have just updated to osx and i have installed my printer and downloaded the latest drivers [ i think i have the right ones] and it just will not work my printer is a HP 940c please help it is driving me insane, many thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
When you go into printer setup utility (Applications/Utilities), does anything come up when you choose USB from the drop down menu under 'Add printer'?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
are you sure that printer is os x compatible? if nothing shows up where muso said, you'll need an app called gimp print.

OP
L

linda wilson

muso said:
When you go into printer setup utility (Applications/Utilities), does anything come up when you choose USB from the drop down menu under 'Add printer'?

Yep my printer is registered there

OP
L

linda wilson

I've just had a better look at my system, the printer is listed in the printer set up utility and is checkmarked. I have it listed in the applications I am using to print from, when I start to print it goes through all the motions then a deskjet notice appears saying Job Stopped.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
ok, when you start printing, a printer icon should come out in the dock, try clicking on it and click the button that says start jobs.

OP
L

linda wilson

thanks for all your replies. I tried to do what you're saying Macman but that didn't work. Anyway I've sorted it, yippee. I got rid of the printer except for the new driver and then reinstalled the software for it and it worked??? Why on earth it doesn't tell you to do that on the hp site i 'll never know but maybe it's common sense. The thing is I know my way all around my Mac but when something goes wrong i'm clueless!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.