Cant get bootcamp to work completely so many issues

Reaction score
So I used boot camp assistant with all 3 items check marked and installed windows 7 fine however no network adapter recognized which means boot camp support software not installed. After locating and opening the bootcamp support file it says that bootcamp x64 is not supported on this computer. So I restarted in mac and downloaded the apple support software manually to my thumb drive (says its for 2012 imac), went back to windows and used windows explorer to load the bootcamp setup file. Everything is looking great drivers installing right and left, completes and asks to restart mac. Upon reatart no mouse or keyboard through the usb? Now what do I do? Just to give some background my mac is on OS X 10.11 and is a clone from a 2010 macbook pro and then a mid 2012 macbook pro using CCC.

OP
C
Reaction score
So Ive managed a work around. Basically I took boot camp drivers and installed them manually with device manager. However it is probably not ideal. I have mouse and keyboard control and video, network drivers working so I guess this will do for now. Sigh.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your posts above are confusing but I will add this: It's always best to do a clean install of macOS rather than clone updates prior to installing Windows via Boot Camp. That's likely the reason why you had to manually install drivers.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your posts above are confusing but I will add this: It's always best to do a clean install of macOS rather than clone updates prior to
So Ive managed a work around. Basically I took boot camp drivers and installed them manually with device manager. However it is probably not ideal. I have mouse and keyboard control and video, network drivers working so I guess this will do for now. Sigh.

Whats confusing? Do you not like details?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We do like details, but ones that we can understand and sort out. Remember, we are not sitting in front of your computer and seeing what you're seeing.

But, in any event it seems you have things working again. Thanks for letting us know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.