Cant get app

Reaction score
Hi Peeps,

Sluggish macbook could do with duplicate photos removed.

Did reserach, decided on "duplicate photo remover" from systweak. Can't find download button anywhere, not on app preview, not in itunes app store, not on Systweak's own site.

Can anyone help..

Thanks, feeling dumb and frustrated, spent 2 evenings trying to get this now...

Thanks in advance..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
In the App Store there should be a blue button with "get" on it to click to start the download. I checked it out and it works fine for me.

I am assuming you have an apple id and are signed into the app store with it and it matches the one on your macbook. One thing you might try is sign out of the app store and sign back in.

Lisa

OP
L
Reaction score
still nowhere

Hi, thank you for your help.

the free apple link sends me to the app store preview, which sends me to the app store, where there is no 'duplicate photo ' app thumbnail. It isnt there......square one.

I am signed into the app store, the app isnt there, even in a search...like it doesnt exist.

Ill try signing out, but if the app isnt even there....

thanks again

OP
L
Reaction score
also, there isnt a section for mac, just ipad and iphone on itunes app store...am I in the right place?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
It is in the App Store under Systweak Software. Just enter that in the Search box in the App Store. You have not told us what operating system you are using. This software is Intel OS X.6 and later only. The link hempomatic posted was for a limited free offer which probably has expired. One other question ~ do you have an Apple ID to use the App Store?

OP
L
Reaction score
Running 10.6.8

My itunes app store just offers iphone apps under when I search for systweak apps..

nothing at all for macs.. I must be doing something wrong. I'm signed in, but can see NOTHING for macs, only ipad and iphone apps. There's not even a button for macs, I've been round and round it, searched a million different times, can't find a single mac app.

thanks for your help...I'm stumped

edit.. Im updating itunes, I don't know what else to do.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't use iTunes at all but it seems you are logging into the wrong store. In the Dock does the App Store icon, white A on blue background, appear? Otherwise does it appear under Apple icon extreme left top?

OP
L
Reaction score
What is the Dock?
I am using a macbook...everytime I try to follow links to this app, it sends me to itunes app store, where I have no option for mac, only ipad and iphone.
thanks for your time. I just updated itunes, same thing. I am guessing I am in the wrong place, but where should I go?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Dock, at the bottom of the screen, irrespective of the model. Wonder if you are actually using OS X.6.8 if there is no Dock? And again do you have an Apple ID?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13", 2020, 2.3 Ghz, Quad core i7, 16gb, 1 TB, Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB , Sonoma 14.1.1
The link I posted is live and I followed the prompts to the Mac App store. Click on get, then install app. Seems to work fine for me.

From the link I posted, to the Mac App preview, to the Mac app store, to the download link to version 1.4.0

I have NO Idea how to post a screen capture here, or I'd attach it. Sorry.

What browser are you using? I'm using the newest version of Safari. Sometimes for whatever reason, that seems to matter.

ken

Last edited:
C

chas_m

Here, let me fix this for you. Here's a cheap app, $8, that I promise will do a better job than this piece o' carp you're fooling around with. You download it from a regular web site (not that Mac App Store isn't fantastic, it is, but you've clearly not got the hang of that yet).

Brattoo Propaganda Software - Products

M

MacInWin

lupussonic, you are mixed up about the App stores. Mac App Store is accessed through the Apple logo in the top left corner, contains software for OS X. The App store in iTunes is for applications for IOS (iPhones, iPads) only. Nothing there for the laptop/desktop families.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.