Cant find the server

Reaction score
I have a strange problem, there is a site that I cannot enter in any way. It is a single site, because with everything else there is no problem. I receive a message that says: Safari (Firefox, Chrome) cannot find the server. Try another computer at home and also another internet network (my Android phone) but no results. Call the company that operates the site, and everything works well there.
What is the problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Try clearing history and cache on all browsers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
Maybe you should tell us what Mac OS X/OS X/macOS version are you having this issue with?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Maybe you should tell us what Mac OS X/OS X/macOS version are you having this issue with?

Or even include the URL of the server that cannot be found as it could be down or off line etc.

I'm assuming that other sites such as apple.com work correctly... a good test site to use, or Google

Or use a test site to check if it is off-line such as:
Is It Down Right Now? Website Down or Not?

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Could also be that you have been blocked from access to the site. Sites can do that if they detect "unwanted" activity from an IP, range of IPs or even a geographical area.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Could also be that you have been blocked from access to the site. Sites can do that if they detect "unwanted" activity from an IP, range of IPs or even a geographical area.

Jake beat me to that one. I was going to ask if you have a VPN. If "Yes", then it's "location" might be a problem. If "No", then a solution might be to try one, changing the location/ISP.

Ian

OP
C
Reaction score
Or even include the URL of the server that cannot be found as it could be down or off line etc.

I'm assuming that other sites such as apple.com work correctly... a good test site to use, or Google

Or use a test site to check if it is off-line such as:
Is It Down Right Now? Website Down or Not?

- Patrick
======

It is an official website: treasurer.franklincountyohio.gov and I spoke with theme and everythink looks well

- - - Updated - - -

Other sites works very well

- - - Updated - - -

I have checked the site and it is up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
Make a second user account on your Mac, and test if that one connects to the site without issue? This is only a troubleshooting step, to confirm that the site works with your MBP.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It is an official website: treasurer.franklincountyohio.gov and I spoke with theme and everythink looks well

Site works okay from my end. It would appear that something is blocking your access...

Are you using any type of Anti-Virus software or a security app that checks your browsing?

Try booting your machine in Safe Mode and see if you can access the site. You might also try what Bob suggested in post #10.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

- - - Updated - - -

Other sites works very well

- - - Updated - - -

I have checked the site and it is up

I cannot really tell from your reply if that site you wanted to access is now working for you or not, But I am going to break my First Rule and assume that it is.

Just because a site is up and working doesn't mean that everyone can always access it.

- Patrick
======

OP
C
Reaction score
Make a second user account on your Mac, and test if that one connects to the site without issue? This is only a troubleshooting step, to confirm that the site works with your MBP.

I have made as your advice creating a second account but it is the same, Im sorry and thanks

OP
C
Reaction score
I cannot really tell from your reply if that site you wanted to access is now working for you or not, But I am going to break my First Rule and assume that it is.

Just because a site is up and working doesn't mean that everyone can always access it.

- Patrick
======

In any case it is strange, right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Are other sites working properly for you and can you access them normally???

- Patrick
======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are other sites working properly for you and can you access them normally??? Patrick ======

He's already stated that other sites are okay in his first post. But he didn't answer our inquiry about whether he's using an AV app or security app that checks browsing.

Also.... is he using a firewall?

If so, is the firewall blocking the site?

More questions than answers. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have made as your advice creating a second account but it is the same, Im sorry and thanks
That means the issue is something to do with your Mac, and not your user account. Do you know what security settings on the Wi-Fi network you're using, are enabled? Maybe that site requires WPA2 and you're using WEP? Or are you connecting your MBP with an ethernet cable?

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I can access it from my VPN in Melbourne, Australia but I notice that the site URL does not come up in red text on carel's post. That's a bit odd isn't it? Franklin County Treasurer - Home

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.