can't download software!

Reaction score
help me someone please! when I try to download new apps or update an old one like Adobe the download seems to begin (new address loads)but then nothing! No error message; no indication of aborted download on desktop; same page on screen...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
check where you have asked it to download to....I'm only taking a stab in the dark at this stage but if you have done eveything corectly it may have downloaded but you didn't see where to? I will be watching with interest to see wht the answer is .....

OP
P
Reaction score
thanks for your swift response - all downloads go to desktop as they have always done - I have not changed any settings

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
I am assuming from this that you have sucessfully downloaded software before?
If so what was the last thing you did before these problems began?

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, percyjimbob64.

And on top of answering MDDG's questions, could you tell us a bit about your OS version (for example, 10.4.6, not Mac OS X Tiger as there are many versions in Tiger) and about your Mac, i.e. which Mac model is it, how much RAM, etc?

Which software downloads are giving you trouble? OS updates? Any download at all?

OP
P
Reaction score
I am running 10-4-9 PowerBook G4 1GB RAM

no probs before tho never been able to update Adobe from 7.0.5

have been trying to download game from Apple's Downloads site with similar probs

last successful download was some Bittorrent material yesterday

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.