Can't access drop-down boxes in Word document

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27 i7 8GB Ram 2TB HD Mac Mini 2GHz processor 320GB 2GB Ram
I have been trying to edit a Word document created on a Windows machine. This document has a number of drop-down boxes where in Windows, you click on a down arrow and choose an item. When I open the document on a Mac, I only see the box title. Help!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
More info is needed: Which version of Windows Word was the document created with? And... how was it saved, DOC? DOCX? What was used to embed the drop down boxes? Was it Excel?

What version of Word are you using?

Regards.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The document was created using Word 2007. It was saved as a docx. I don't know what was used to embed the drop-down boxes (I'll ask the author on Monday). I am using Word 2008 for Mac.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need to find out what he used to embed the drop down boxes. As far as document compatibility goes, you should have no problem opening or saving the Word 2007 document.

I'm thinking if he used an Excel Macro to embed the drop down boxes, or, he created a Word 2007 macro to do it, they will not show up in Word 2008. As you know or may not know, Office 2008 for the Mac does not support macros.

Yeah, I know.... :Angry-Tongue:

Regards.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Chscag

Thanks a lot. I'll speak to the person who originated the document.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.