Cannot open book in iBooks on iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15-inch, Late 2011 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7 10 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
Hey guys, apologies in advance for possibly not posting in right area but not sure where else to turn to.
I have a book on my iPad 2 in ebooks that I have been reading. When I go and try to open it on my iPhone 5, it shows the book with an iCloud in the top right hand of the book. I try to open it and it shows that it's downloading but the book never opens. I have the latest iBooks app and latest IOS but still can't open it. I'm not sure what else to try. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

M

MacInWin

Does the cloud ever go away? I just tried it and after tapping a book with the cloud, the book greyed out and a progress bar showed the download. Once it was downloaded another tap opened the book. I'm on a 5S with 8.1.2 and all updates.

OP
DJBearOH
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15-inch, Late 2011 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7 10 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
When I click on the cloud I see the progress bar and it seems to be downloading. When it finishes, the cloud is still there and the book doesn't open. If I tap on the book again it keeps doing the same thing and won't open. I have the latest updates for everything. It just won't open.

M

MacInWin

What shows on the "Purchased" tab? I have two options, "All" and "Not on This iPhone." Does your downloaded book show on "Not on This iPhone?"

Reaction score
Hi, sorry to hijack this thread but I too am experiencing his problem. Books purchased on my iPad mini can no longer be accessed though I can read them on my iPhone?
Can you tell me how you resolved this issue?
Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
I have the new Harry Potter book.

This has downloaded successfully on my iPhone and the Mac, but on the iPad, every page just shows the same error messages - This page contains the following errors .....

I cannot work out how to delete and redownload this book, especially as it is one of 8 books in a set. Can anyone help please? :(

Edit - I fixed that. To help anyone else with the same problem, if you go to the display with the books as small icons (used to mimic a bookshelf except of course the Gods at Apple don't allow that sort of thing now). The there is a select button (the word 'select') in the top right-hand corner. Press that and click on the faulty book. Then you can delete the book you selected. It will then show the cloud in the corner of that book and you can download it again.

This time it is readable :)

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.