Cannot Access about.com on any Browers in OSX

Reaction score
Weird thing. Doesnt work...tried Safaru, Firefox, Chrome, Opera on OSX...and IE7 and Firefox on my VMWare Windows XP. I thought it was my provider FIOS, but another person with FIOS has no problem. Also my work laptop with Windows XP is fine. Any idea whats wrong?

I am using a MBP4,1 model running Snow Leopard.

This was the only thread I could find that similar but its frm 2006, was referrign to OSX 4, and had no responses --> http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os...n-certain-webpages.html?highlight="about.com"

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
It's opening here. 10.5.8 Leopard, Safari 4.0.4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Sweet as here too

4.0.4 ~ 10.6.2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I know this is no help, but it's working here too on Safari 4.0.4 and Firefox 3.5.8 on 10.6.2
Maybe try a link in about.com and see if it works for some reason that way.
Alternative and Indie Music - About.com

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not having any difficulty getting to macs.about.com. It sounds like your problems may be a bad DNS server being used by you or your ISP. I'd send you to an article on the macs.about.com site that tells you how to correct the problem, but of course you can't get there :)

Faster Web Access - Test Your DNS Provider to Gain Faster Web Access

Configure Your Mac's DNS Settings - Use the Network Preference Pane to Change Your Mac's DNS Settings

You could just try changing your DNS to one of the many public DNS IP's available just to see if that fixes the problem. You can try 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 both of those are Google public DNS servers.

Let us know if that helps.

Tom

About: Macs - Macintosh Hardware & Software Reviews, Tips, Guides, and User Forums

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.