• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Canada Day

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Happy Canada Day to all who celebrate it wherever you are.

I've been AFK for a good bit of the day so I almost forgot to post it.

I'd bust out with a rendition of "Oh Canada" but given my singing skills that would likely bring a couple of RCMP officers to my front door. There would be talk of extradition to Canad and me being forced to eat poutine as punishment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
There would be talk of extradition to Canad and me being forced to eat poutine as punishment.

Thanks Sly, for your Happy Canada Day wishes that it looks like I missed on Saturday but don't worry about being punished with having to eat any Canadian Poutine as I and many others will intercept it and save you from such a divine experience.

If you really find eating it is such a punishment, you obviously have not been exposed to good or proper Poutine and you should try and do yourself a favour and remedy that situation.

Some Americans even drive up and cross the border just in order to enjoy some good Canadian Poutine. Something I have not heard of any American places being able to prepare properly.
Even most Canadian Costco Store Food Outlets serve a pretty good basic poutine and at a decent price complete with genuine cheese curds and a decent thick rich flavorful gravy.

Meanwhile, I send you Happy Greetings to help you celebrate your American Independence Day tomorrow, the Fourth of July, 2023 and I hope you and others have a good safe enjoyable day celebrating it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA
July 4th, 2023​

download.jpg

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
I would happily accept being forced to eat poutine as punishment any time, as long as it’s with genuine cheese curds and made properly. I’ll also finish it up with homemade butter tarts with pecans and a mug or 4 of Canadian beer!

though I would be pleased to scarf down some real Texan bbq and some of what Louisiana has to offer afterwards!

I recall playing sxsw in the late 90s and leaving austin probably a few pounds more…

OP
S

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Thanks for volunteering to save me from eating poutine. It's the cheese curds I just can't get past. Now I would happily inhale as many of the butter tarts as I can lay my hands on. I'm not much of a drinker but I've had Canadian whiskey and it's been pretty good so it's only fair to give Canadian beer a shot right?'

Thanks for the birthday wishes as we prepare to celebrate America's Independence Day. Maybe we could convince folks in both countries to throw a multi-day party that starts on the second and ends on the fourth?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Maybe we could convince folks in both countries to throw a multi-day party that starts on the second and ends on the fourth?
They do exactly that in Niagra Falls (US and Canada)!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
Yes poutine with real cheese curds is quite the punishment! 😂

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Yes poutine with real cheese curds is quite the punishment! 😂

Maybe the annoyance and punishment they get is the squeak on the teeth that the real cheese curds can cause...???

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.