can you view download rates (kbs)?

J

jedi

If im downloading something off the net, is there a way to view the speed at which it's transferring? I cannot find any answers through the help.

OP
M

Mac Apple

if you have the most up to date version of safari (1.2) when you download things a download manager should automatcally pop up telling the estimated download time and file size. you can also open the download manager by pressing alt+apple+L

hope this helps :)

OP
A

adam80

Mac Apple said:
if you have the most up to date version of safari (1.2) when you download things a download manager should automatcally pop up telling the estimated download time and file size. you can also open the download manager by pressing alt+apple+L

hope this helps :)

I think he wants to know how fast his download is going. Safari dosen't give you that much info.

OP
M

Mac Apple

lol. :p I guess i overlooked the speed bit. I suppose the only way you could do it then is to divide the total transfer by the download rate. doh!

lets hope download speed is shown in the next update of safari :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
its strange that they removed that from the original

OP
R

rio fred

jedi said:
If im downloading something off the net, is there a way to view the speed at which it's transferring? I cannot find any answers through the help.

try option-clicking on the estimated download-time and you will get the tranfer-rate again. seems not to be permanently, so has to be done every download again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
silly gooses!

Use your Activity Monitor, and click on the network tab.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.