Can running Windows 10 using Boot Camp cause a lot of problems?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You can remove the BootCamp partition rather easily. It's important to do two things:
1, Back up your macOS partition before deleting the Bootcamp partition (just in case something goes wrong).
2. Use the BootCamp utility to delete the Windows partition and follow the on screen dissections. I think they vary slightly depending upon which macOS version you're using.

Reaction score
I must be a glutton for punishment. Until quite recently I had (deep breath) Windows XP, 7 & 10 all running via Parallels together with a bistro of Linux. I have since "rationalised" by deleting "XP". I had no crossover between systems other than one downloaded MSExcel template which was infected, but my AV software found and deleted it with no lasting effects

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have 4 Macs, most recent 2020, 13.3 MacBook Air running on osMac 10.15.3
CarbonCopyCloner

I started using this software when I attended an Apple Expo in Earls Court London many years ago. It was one of their Senior Technician who told me about it, but that was in the good old days when the system could be "blessed" which ensured it booted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.