Can Not Delete A Color Profile

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 4 GB RAM SSD OSX 10.11 & 2006 MBP Stuck At 10.6.8
Hi All!

I installed a new light at my desk & the colors on the monitor of my MacBook Pro (Running 10.6.8) looked wrong. (Example- Grey is now green with the light on.) So, I went to System Preferences - Displays & made a color profile. I don't like the color profile I made & wanted to delete it. The "Delete Profile" button is greyed out.

I tried clicking the original profile to see if I could then delete the new one. No luck. Next, I looked in MacIntosh HD / Library / Color Sync / Profiles. I tired under the user name's library too. It is not to be found. I also tried looking for the title with Finder & Easy Find. No luck.

How do I delete this profile?

Also, a side note is that since I made the profile, all of a sudden the computer takes 5 or 6 minutes to get from pushing the On button to the log in screen. What did I goof up?

Thanks Very Much for your help, I sure appreciate it.
Paul

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you name the profile?

OP
PGB1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank You Chscag for taking time to reply.

Last evening, I could not find the file by searching for the name, but this morning Easy Find quickly located it for me. (Finder still didn't locate it.) I don't know why Easy Find missed it yesterday. It's usually precision about finding stuff I lost. I wonder if the Permissions Repair & Maintenance Scripts I did this morning straightened out the glitch.

The color scheme icc file was in
MacIntosh HD /Library/Color Sync/Profiles/Displays.
I think yesterday when I manually looked I must have goofed up and failed to look in the Displays folder.

I dragged the icc file to the desktop & changed the extension so OS X would not recognize it as a color profile scheme. It's gone from the System Preferences - Displays - Color list now.
Your advice worked great!

After I deleted the color profile scheme, I re-started the computer twice.
On the second start up it booted much faster than yesterday. It took 1 minute and 55 seconds to get to the log in screen. (Yesterday, after I had made the profile, it took between 5 and 6 minutes each time.) Maybe the color profile I made was corrupt?

Before I did anything to color profiles, the computer would always take 42 seconds to get to log in, so I'm getting closer to normal. I've got no idea where to look next for why the boot time is all of a sudden longer- even with the color profile gone. (Color profile was the only change.)

Thank You Again Chscag! I appreciate your help very much.
Enjoy This Day!
Paul

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There may be other things going on that's slowing down your boot time. Try running the free OnyX program to clear out caches and generally do a system clean up. OnyX is the only program we recommend for doing this. Since you're still running 10.6.8 be sure to download a version that is compatible. Download OnyX from here. Be sure to read the instructions before running the program. Let us know if it helps.

OP
PGB1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Chscag.
Based on advice here, I've used Onyx for a long time. I force the maintenance scripts with it, do the cleaning chores and permission repairs. It's great to use.

Onyx certainly helps with many problems, including slow booting. But this time it didn't.

Surprisingly, I just turned the computer on & it took the usual 42 seconds. I did a shut-down and started it agin from fully off & 42 seconds was the time to log in screen. I'm thrilled, but curious about what was wrong & how it fixed itself. MCS, I guess. (Mysterious Computer Stuff).

Thank You Again for helping with these questions. I sure appreciate your advice.
Paul

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.