can i set default to one in my windows virtual machine

Reaction score
I haven't figured out if this is possible. Say I want to open a docx document on my mac. If I double click the document pages automatically opens and converts the doc. But what if I wanted it to open on word in my windows virtual machine? Can I set it up to do that?
I don't use office for mac. The windows version is still better, especially for excel.

I run my virtual machine in unity mode.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It wasn't possible to do that when I had VirtualBox installed and then later on Fusion. But that was some time ago. Since then virtual software has developed with many new features so it may be possible to do. I don't use Excel but I agree that the Windows versions of Office are superior to the Mac versions. I'm pretty sure if you installed Windows Office using CrossOver that you could do what you want. But as far as I'm aware only Windows Office 2010 and earlier versions are compatible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.