Can i run dual 49 inch monitors on my MBP?

jaredesguerra

Reaction score
Hey guys !! need some help i have a MBP 16-Inch 2021 With Apple M1Max, 64GB Memory Ram.

Im curious if its possible to be able to connect 2 of these monitors to it ?

I know i can do 1 as ive done it but im curious if 2 is possible / can the MBP support it ? And if so how would the set up work ? Would i just connect 1 via USBC and the other via HDMI or am i going to run into issues.

THank you in advance!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
There's this;

Display Support​

Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at 1 billion colors and:

• Up to two external displays with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors (M1 Pro) or
  • Up to three external displays with up to 6K resolution and one external display with up to 4K resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors (M1 Max)
Thunderbolt 4 digital video output

• Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
  • VGA, HDMI, DVI, and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)
HDMI digital video output

• Support for one display with up to 4K resolution at 60Hz
  • DVI output using HDMI to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
From here,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
You can run both monitors without issues. You could use the Thunderbolt ports for DisplayPort connections. You would need to get the right cable to run them both DisplayPort but they are all available at multiple sources. Below is what your machine is capable of.

Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at 1 billion colors and:
Up to two external displays with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors (M1 Pro) or
Up to three external displays with up to 6K resolution and one external display with up to 4K resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors (M1 Max)
Thunderbolt 4 digital video output
Native DisplayPort output over USB-C
VGA, HDMI, DVI, and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters.
HDMI digital video output
Support for one display with up to 4K resolution at 60Hz
DVI output using HDMI to DVI Adapter.

OP
J

jaredesguerra

Reaction score
Thanks appreciate it !! So its just as easy as connecting the laptop to the 2 monitors via thunderbolt or Usbc

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.