• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

Calling All Older OS Disks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Whoever moderates this forum, let's give this thread a chance to work.

M-F Members - if you have older MacOS Install disks, be they machine-specific (grey) or retail (black), and you're willing to make them available for sale via this forum, PLEASE DO SO.

Don't let the disks gather dust in a cupboard or drawer or on a shelf, and please don't just throw them away. There are members of Mac-Forums who still use PPC machines and older OS versions. When problems are encountered with used/2-hand machines, and an install disk is not available, the need is to find and buy one. This is where you may be able to help.

Tiger OS, for example, is very hard to find; Leopard is asking exorbitant prices, so let's look after each other by making OS Install Disks available at reasonable prices to Mac-Forums members.

Simply post in this forum whatever OS Install Disks you have to sell, and let the market forces work.

Thank you ....... hughvane

Reaction score
Speaking of which (sorry for the jacking here)..I'm looking for Mac OS X Server 10.4...and maybe 10.5 (for another Mac I might buy).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air / Unibody MacBook / iMac i3 21.5" / iPhone SE
This is a great idea - in my CD case I have:-

A set of 4 x grey OS 9.1 discs that originally came with a white iBook G3 500

A retail OS X disc 10.0.3, as far as I can tell it's for upgrading from OS 9.1 but may be standalone.

CD of iMovie 2.

Free to anyone who needs them - just pay postage and packing which will be at cost wherever you are.
I am in the UK but willing to post abroad.

Cheers :)

Hugh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Great thread mate which should be updated regularly to keep it in front of members, particularly new members who may have missed it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
Tiger here, if someone needs them

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 2.0 8/1TB, Macbook Pro 2.16
Hi, a complete (?) set of 8 disks 10.1.4, also 3 disks 10.3, probably from a imac and await in snowy Norfolk (UK). I also have a grey keyboard with round plug cable which I think came with a Performa 630 (wonderful machine!) if anyone's interested.

Reaction score
Tiger here, if someone needs them

Server or just the standard version? I may want to reload Tiger on to my PowerMac, considering I didn't get an OS disc of any kind, and the iLife version that may've came with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
May I suggest this rates a 'stickie' now that people are offering up their discs for free?

Otherwise the thread will get lost amongst hardware sales

Hugh

OP
hughvane
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Stickie Thread

Ditto to the stickie idea, I was going to ask for it from the start, but thought it a bit presumptuous. Thanks to those who've responded so promptly. Spread the word via PM to your M-F 'friends' if you will.
When I'm back at home base, I'll hunt out the old OS disks I have somewhere, I think they may go back as far as System 7! Squirrels disease y'see.]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Got some somewhere too, will sort out what tomorrow. Cool idea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini (late 09) 2.26, 2 gb, 160, 1 tb hitachi 7200 ext hdd. Macbook 2.26, 4 gb, 360 hdd 3G Iphone
got oem macbook leopard disks if needed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17'
I am desperate for a Leopard disk for an imac, upgraded to Snow and things are not working well but have not got the original install disc.

Grateful for any help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
Shouldn't I keep them?
I have one retail copy of Snow Leopard - ordered from the Apple store in December.
With my Late 2008 MBP 15" I have the included Leopard DVD.
I reformatted the drive when I installed Snow Leopard (per forums' advice) and pretty much everything is OK.

Are the DVDs that came with the machine useless at this point?

One thing I may need is the Leopard PPC DVD if I get one of those older 12" PowerBooks off eBay. Nobody on eBay seems to be able to keep their reinstall discs - whether its Windows of Apple.
Where do they go?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If the Leopard disc came with the MBP it will not in stall on a PowerBook you need to get hold of the full retail install DVD of Leopard. And they sell to recoup some of their outlay and then squeal when they need them for troubleshooting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini (late 09) 2.26, 2 gb, 160, 1 tb hitachi 7200 ext hdd. Macbook 2.26, 4 gb, 360 hdd 3G Iphone
Not sure about everyone, but I am offering mine for free to someone who has the right macbook but may have lost/damaged his disks. Not sure that would exactly be illegal but I may be wrong

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What a shame this original and outstanding suggestion is turning into a slug it out you said .. I said argument. If you guys want to debate the point start your own thread and not kidnap hughvane's great idea and convert it into a scrap.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
What a shame this original and outstanding suggestion is turning into a slug it out you said .. I said argument. If you guys want to debate the point start your own thread and not kidnap hughvane's great idea and convert it into a scrap.

Agreed - this is why I've removed every post which I have determined to be off-topic aside from this one.

This is not the place to debate the finer points of EULAs or any other legalities. The staff has determined that this activity is acceptable under our Community Guidelines. Any other off-topic posts will be removed post-haste. If you have any concerns over this policy, feel free to PM me.

I have also "stuck" the thread to make it more visible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you for stepping in

Hugh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Agreed - this is why I've removed every post which I have determined to be off-topic aside from this one.

This is not the place to debate the finer points of EULAs or any other legalities. The staff has determined that this activity is acceptable under our Community Guidelines. Any other off-topic posts will be removed post-haste. If you have any concerns over this policy, feel free to PM me.

I have also "stuck" the thread to make it more visible.

Just to clarify for me, so now I CAN place my old oem grey disks up one here?

if so I still have the oem macbook leopard disks available for anyone who wants them (free)

And sorry for any part I had in hijacking the thread

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Just to clarify for me, so now I CAN place my old oem grey disks up one here?

if so I still have the oem macbook leopard disks available for anyone who wants them (free)

And sorry for any part I had in hijacking the thread

In a word, yes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.