Calendar "Address Suggestions"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13.3" OS X 10.10
Hi,
I've just installed Yosemite 10.10 on my MacBook Pro and have to say so far I've found it excellent, apart from one totally annoying and frustrating issue that I am hoping to get some help with.
The Calendar app has an "address suggestions" feature that is totally useless when trying to enter appointment addresses; the post codes are incorrect and I cannot find a way to enter an address manually, it always being overwritten by Apple Maps "suggestions"!
Is it possible to turn off or override this "address suggestions" feature, or this there a way to enter addresses manually (as in the previous Snow Leopard os x)?
Any advice or help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Cheers.................Brian.

Reaction score
I second this,
Totally annoying! Sometimes the suggestions are useful, mostly they are not, and they override correct address that I have entered correctly. Any address that has a unit number or level number or building name gets stripped off to it's basic street address. I'm in Australia so I don't know if this issue is local or global, but an option to turn it off is desperately needed!!

A work around appears to be disconnecting from the internet but this is far from practical.

Brendan.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.