Bypassing laptop security to install Skype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
On my company laptop, which is a MacBook Pro I have administration right and can install any software that I want.

The only software that is disallowed and cannot be installed is Skype.

I asked the IT support to allow me to install Skype on my laptop but couldn't convinced them.

Now I'm looking for a workaround to install Skype on my MacBook.

One way I can think of is installing a Virtual machine on my laptop and trying to install Skype on that Virtual machine.

But I know that a Virtual machine takes too much of my laptops's RAM and this might slow down my machine.

Is there any other way to bypass the security mechanism on my laptop and install Skype on it?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I may be being presumptuous, but I suspect that no one on these forums is likely to offer ways of installing something on a Mac which is owned by the company - a company that has explicitly forbidden you to install Skype.

I am not in any way trying to be rude or combative, but it’s our reputation as well as yours which is on the line.

Ian

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I hope your company does not scan your system periodically like IBM does their employees systems

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
We are done here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.