Buying an iphone?

Reaction score
Ok, so I have a samsung s20fe right now. It's 6.5" and I want an iPhone 13 pro but idk if I want pro max. The 6.7" looks really big and almost obnoxious, but with the 6.1" I feel like I might miss the size I got.
I like the size of phone I have most of the time. I don't like the hefty feel and weight but I onow both iphone models weigh more. Should I even get a 13 pro? Or should I wait till the 15 comes out? It's such a big price tag to buy new and I occasionally upgrade my phone.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I think it depends a little on what you use your iPhone for. I have an iPhone SE 2 4.7" which I like for it's size as much as anything, it's small, light and does what I want it to do but I use my MBP a mostly for email, browsing, games ect. For a while last year I had to use a Samsung Galaxy A03s 6.5" and was amazed at how quickly I got used to the "huge" screen but it was heavy. My wife on the other hand does almost everything on her iPhone Xr 6.1" from email, banking and social media to photo/video editing.
I know that when she upgrades she will go for an even larger display like the iPhone 12 Pro Max 6.7".
So, if you are primarily a computer user and want a phone to fit comfortably in your pocket the SE 3 is ideal but if you want to be able to do everything you do on computer comfortably on your iPhone then a larger screen is a big advantage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Go to a store that has them on display. Apple, Best Buy, whatever. That's the only way you will really know. What is too large for me may be great for you, or the other way around. It's a very personal thing.

As for waiting, if you aren't in a hurry, wait. Then, once the 15 is out, you can compare the 13, 14, and 15 to see which one suits both needs and budget. No harm waiting.

OP
S
Reaction score
Go to a store that has them on display. Apple, Best Buy, whatever. That's the only way you will really know. What is too large for me may be great for you, or the other way around. It's a very personal thing.

As for waiting, if you aren't in a hurry, wait. Then, once the 15 is out, you can compare the 13, 14, and 15 to see which one suits both needs and budget. No harm waiting.
I do emails, gaming, and video watching on my phone but the pro max is like huge? Idk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini M1 (8gb Memory / 500 gb Hard drive) Running Sonoma 14.0
What is too large for me may be great for you, or the other way around. It's a very personal thing.
Can't agree more, difficult to provide advice on somebodies personal choice.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Best advice is in Post #3. Go to a store and see & handle the iPhones on offer. Really the only way.

I do emails, gaming, and video watching on my phone but the pro max is like huge?

I am always staggered by what people manage to do on any iPhone and for you Big seems Best??

Ian

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
No matter how huge it may seem you will get used to it very quickly, I did with the Galaxy I mentioned in my first post. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.