• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Buy.com: How is their mistake even possible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Anyone who participated in my poll on what paper I should write knows that I'm now doing a paper on why Creationism shouldn't be taught in Science classes. Well, on Friday I ordered a book from Buy.com to do my research and somehow they REALLY, REALLY messed up. I ordered a book called Scientists Confront Intelligent Design and Creationism, and the book was supposed to be shipped to my house in Illinois. Today, I received the package and to my surprise I was sent the wrong book. However (and this is where it gets really strange) that wasn't all. The book I received was on Japanese Culture and was supposed to be sent to Hamburg, Germany. Even stranger than that, the book they sent me wasn't even from Buy.com, it was from Caiman.com. I called Buy.com, and after being on hold for 45 minutes, they verified that the package shipped from their facilities but they have no idea how a book from another website got into my package. Now, Buy.com is talking to their corporate guys and they're gonna call me back and figure out what we can do. I mean, not only did they ship to the wrong country, but they shipped from the wrong website. How is that?

Meanwhile, I NEED this book because my paper is due a week from Tuesday so I'm going to have to go out and see if any bookstores have it. I still have no idea how Buy.com messed up that badly.

All I can say is that from now on it's Amazon.com all the way baby!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
Wow, that's ridiculous. They'd better compensate you, or someone (namely, me,) will have to do some serious hate emailing.

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Haha, thanks Cassifire.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
This is why I always stick with Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Serves you right for going with Buy.com ;)

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Dude! Wow, what a predicament.... LOL I have to say, I've never used them either (ALWAYS Amazon and B&N)! Sorry for the crappy luck man... got to wonder how in the heck something like that even happens?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
For really important things like that, I would highly recommend buying it in person in a store, I never trust the internet in those types of situations because there is just too much room for error. :)

Reaction score
Wow thats terrible Customer. I would complain to them that you have a paper due and absolutley need the book and how angry you are about the mishap. I really feel for you Customer.

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I'll live though. I called the local B&N and they have the book. I'll get the Buy.com thing sorted out later. If I have to call the BBB, I'll do it. I still can't figure out how a shipment from another website, that was supposed to go to another country ended up in my shipping envelope.
I'm kinda mad that I can't just go by my local library because I live out of the city limits and would have to pay around $200 for a library card. I wish there was something like a Blockbuster for books, it'd probably be cheaper than using the library around here or buying books flat out.

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apparently Buy.com's Customer Service is terrible too. I called again 2 days ago because they never got back to me, and after spending another 45 minutes on hold, they said they'd respond in 24 hours. Well, it's been 48 now and I haven't heard anything. I am never buying from this company again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.