Build Quality?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Buying One Soon...
I just bought a new 12" Powerbook (I love it!). Just wondering about the build quality of Powerbooks. My Control key is somewhat crooked (leans to the left a tad). And there's a minute gap right where the plastic top of the case (palm rests) meets the aluminum part. They are issues that I can deal with without sending back to Apple so they "try" to accept it and fix it. But I was just wondering if it's only me or have other people had build quality issues?

L

Lasha

The gap between the keyboard and the palm rest area is there by default, I don't know about the crooked control key, but maybe if you were careful enough, you can try and put it back into a shape, because I know you are able to remove and replace individual keys and stuff...

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Buying One Soon...
Lasha said:
The gap between the keyboard and the palm rest area is there by default, I don't know about the crooked control key, but maybe if you were careful enough, you can try and put it back into a shape, because I know you are able to remove and replace individual keys and stuff...

The gap doesn't appear on the left side of the Powerbook, but it starts a little right of wear the right side of the latch ends.

M

menace3054

i love my pb, i think they are built better than most laptops.. you might just have a bad keyboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
they are built well. I've seen one dropped down a flight of stairs and still work fine with nothing, not a scratch or dent to show for it.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Macman said:
they are built well. I've seen one dropped down a flight of stairs and still work fine with nothing, not a scratch or dent to show for it.

LOL! Who did that? I would have laughed out loud, and I would have needed to cover my mouth in order not to be rude.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
actually, I almost hit him. it was a careless mistake, but it works fine and there are no problems.

M

mac_noobie

My 12" inch powerbook had a crooked key as well... only mine was the f2 key... also my #2 key doesn't always work when i push it down... I took it to the apple store and they fixed the crooked key but said there wasn't anything they could really do short of replacing the keyboard, but i didn't feel like sending in my pb so i just deal with it. It really isn't that much of a problem.

Otherwise i like my computer!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.