Bug in Logitech mouse software?

Reaction score
I have the MX400 mouse. For some reason, when I use the tilt wheel, no matter if I tilt left or right, it always scrolls left in the browser (Firefox). :( Anyone else having this issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Logitech software is rubbish on Windows, and the one I tried on the Mac was too, and didn't even do anything, let alone do anything wrong. I'd recommend dumping it and using SteerMouse instead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghz Core2Due 20" iMac - 2Gb RAM - wireless Mac KB - wireless MX610 mouse
I've had good luck with the Logitech software on WinXP, but it's total trash on a Mac. For sure, go with SteerMouse.

Reaction score
I have the MX400 mouse. For some reason, when I use the tilt wheel, no matter if I tilt left or right, it always scrolls left in the browser (Firefox). :( Anyone else having this issue?

I don't have that particular model but I do have a Logitech Trackerball and it works great with Tiger (and before Panther).

OP
C
Reaction score
I tried out SteerMouse, great stuff! I like how it fixes the annoying Mac mouse movement (I'm just not used to it), which I can't explain.. it felt laggy compared to what I was used to in Windows, it took a lot of arm movement. Now that's fixed.

It's a shame SteerMouse doesn't let you bind combos like Cmd+Middle Click to things like Dashboard, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I don't know what Apple do to their mouse tracking but I found the iMac to be a total nightmare - precise mouse movement is all but impossible, and I'm finding the MacBook's trackpad to be the same. I actually got SteerMouse for it's tracking acceleration adjustment rather than to get the mouse buttons working. Why they can't put a simple slider in System Preferences is beyond me.

Reaction score
As a switcher I have to agree...I just don't understand why there is no option for mouse acceleration in the system preferances...it's just beyond me. Back to topic I love the Steermouse application...it's a definite must if you are a Logitech mouse owner.

kuchiki

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.