Brand of HDD

Reaction score
Does anyone know what brand of HDD there are in the newest macbooks? My Powerbook G4 had a hitachi travelstar. Also what would be reccomended for a HDD uprade (as in brands). Is seagate still considered to be the best?

I just find that apple wants way too much for hard drive upgrades and I have a hard time believing that they are that much better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2ghz C2D, 2gig Ram, 120gig HD / 60gig Black Ipod Video / 2nd Gen Ipod Shuffle
I heard they are toshibas. if looking to upgrade I'd always go with a seagate or Western digital. They're at the same level for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16" • iPhone 11 • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 21.5
My MacBook came with a Fujitsu, and when I upgraded I installed another Fujitsu (based on price and availability). It works just fine for me.

I don't know about Seagate's being considered "the best," but they're certainly one of the key brands I look at, in addition to Western Digital.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
My MacBook came with a Fujitsu, and when I upgraded I installed another Fujitsu (based on price and availability). It works just fine for me.

I don't know about Seagate's being considered "the best," but they're certainly one of the key brands I look at, in addition to Western Digital.
Interesting yours got a Fujitsu, mine came with a Seagate,

I upgraded mine to a 120GB Fujitsu from a 60GB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2ghz C2D, 2gig Ram, 120gig HD / 60gig Black Ipod Video / 2nd Gen Ipod Shuffle
yeah i just checked mine and it came with a 120gb toshiba.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
Hitachi 160GB @5400RPM in my MB and it works like a champ!!

Stock it came w/ a 60GB Seagate

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.